The World is a fine Place and worth fighting for, I believe in the latter part. - Ernest Hemmingway, Andrew Kevin Walker

Monday 16 August 2010

Set Uh-Oh levels to 10! Affluent whites affected by Mexican drug civil war.

I may be feeling this a little too harshly but while this report is informative it smacks to me of "the nice place I went on holiday isn't so nice now, this is a shame for white little me but because I went on my hols there I am an expert you see." The snapshots of everyday Mexican's views of the conflict are certainly interesting but one wonders if the war hadn't escalated to the point that the cartels no longer were willing or were able to keep the lucrative drug trade in tourist areas peaceful and safe if we would be hearing about Mexico's problems in such details.

No comments:

Post a Comment